The Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science focuses on the Foundations of Systems Science, exploring and explaining the nature of the world, and Systems Design, understanding and deploying change in this world.
We execute and support use-inspired basic research projects focusing on the foundations of systems science, systems design and complexity management towards systemic sustainable innovative solutions.
The Innovation Lab connects our international network of acknowledged scientists, researchers, and experts with practitioners, entrepreneurs, political decision makers, their projects, businesses, civil services. Fundamental research is the well, transformative design and efficient management are the leverage to enable the co-creation of impactful socio-technical and socio-ecological innovations.
Foundations of Systems Science:
- Research Group on Systems Science and Philosophy
- Research Group on Systems Science and Pattern Literacy
- Research Group on Socio-Ecological Systems and Design
- Research Group on Circular Economy Systems
- Research Group on Human Digitalization
- Research Group on Systems Medicine and Health Care
- Change the Game Innovation Lab