BCSSS Vice-President Felix Tretter systemically re-envisions theoretical psychology at Günther Schiepek Symposium
Celebrating the 60th birthday of Prof. Günter Schiepek, the Paracelsus Medical Private University Salzburg organized a symposium on 8th and 9th of June on ‘Self organization – A paradigm for the humanities”. Schiepek is an accomplished researcher and head of the Institute for Synergetics and Psychotherapy Research. He had been invited by BCSSS Vice President Felix Tretter to share his insights during a lecture at the BCSSS a few months before, in December 2017.
The event was organized in cooperation between the Paracelsus Medical Private University of Salzburg, the Institute for Synergetic and Psychotherapy research, the University Clinic for Psychiatrics, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics as well as the European Academies for the Sciences and Arts, bringing together some of the foremost researchers on complexity, nonlinear systems and self organization from around the world.
Felix Tretter contributed his lecture on “Systemic Re-Envisioning for a Theoretical Psychology” among two full days with 25 highly diverse inputs. The measurability of psychoanalysis, self organization in trauma therapy, dynamic change processes in organizations, the self organization of neural networks, or the ecology of psychotherapy are just a few examples of the interesting approaches that were presented during the symposium. Here you can read a full report of the event (based in German language).
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought