Postgraduate Vacancy – Lecturer in Thinking in Practice at the Open University in Milton Keynes
The Open University in Milton Keynes, UK, is looking for a lecturer in System Thinking in Practice (STiP). Apply for an exciting job before the closing date on the 25th of April 2019.
The Open University is recognized internationally as a pioneer of Systems Thinking in Practice education, scholarship and research. In Milton Keynes they are looking for a capable and enthusiastic academic who will contribute to the production of this new curriculum, and more broadly to distance-learning module presentation in the STiP area. Building innovative relationships with employers, apprentices, professional bodies and STiP alumni, contributing to a STiP academic culture for active, systemic co-inquiry with colleagues, students and other stakeholders, and developing an external facing research or scholarship programme are part of the position.
Applicants need a Masters Degree or a good Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Applied Systems, Social Cybernetics, Complexity Science or a closely related area. A PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline is desirable. The Open University looks for enthusiastic and experienced writer and communicator with a good understanding of learning as a process. Evidence, through publication and/or development of successful professional or work-based learning, of a capacity to bring theory to practice using STiP is essential.
The principles of equality and diversity in all aspects of your teaching, research, and scholarship are a necessity. Experience of online and/or distance education would be desirable.
Check out the full application here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future