Vienna 2017 | Workshop | Systems Approaches to Information Ethics I
In a three-day workshop during his stay in Vienna (23-27 January, 2017), Soft Systems Methodology (Checkland) and Critical Systems Heuristics (Ulrich) were investigated as possible tools for dealing with problems arising from privacy issues in the context of the spread of ICTs (information and communication technologies). Information ethics accounts of Capurro, Floridi and Nissenbaum were discussed. Hannah Arendt’s distinction between labour (ponos), work (poiesis) and action (praxis) was referenced in the context of the relationship between private space (oikos) and public space (agora). Arguments from evolutionary theory and realist systems theory topped the agenda off. Areas of intersections and convergence were identified.
Abonnieren Sie unseren Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Das BCSSS vergibt den ersten Sonderpreis für ‘Action on Climate Change’ in Zusammenarbeit mit IIID
- Neue Publikationen von BCSSS Vorstandsmitglied Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Nehmen Sie an unserer gemeinsamen School of Thinking in Brüssel teil und lernen Sie, wie sich Systemdenken mit weiteren bedeutenden Denkschulen verbindet