New lecture series by BCSSS visiting scholar Cadell Last on ‘Systems Science and Subjectivity’
Cadell Last, a philosopher and host of the School of Thinking at the Free University of Brussels, Belgium worked with the Bertalanffy Center for an extended period of time in 2019 as one of the first early career researchers the Center intends to support with its Next Generation Program. He…
The Turing machine model and “natural computation”
Gordana Dodig-Crnkovic, member of our recently established Research Group on Emergent Systems, Information and Society, will visit Vienna and give a talk on A Taxonomy of Computation and Information Architecture. The question is how the turing model of computation relates to self-organisation of natural systems: Are they different or do they…
Genes in Ecosystems: Mechanism and/or Semiosis?
Genes in Ecosystems: Mechanism and/or Semiosis? Konrad-Lorenz-Institute for Evolution and Cognition Research, Altenberg, with Toshiyuki Nakajima (Department of Biology, Ehime University, Japan), Charbel El-Hani (Institute of Biology, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil), Luis Emilio Bruni (Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen), together with BCSSS.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future