General System Theory and cybernetics – convergences and divergences
The third and last part of an article series on the status of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s General System Theory (GST) in the history of systems sciences, written by Manfred Drack and David Pouvreau, both Fellows of the Bertalanffy Center, was published recently. All three articles appeared in the International Journal of General…
Dissertation about Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s “General Systemology”
David Pouvreau, author of “The Dialectical Tragedy of the Concept of Wholeness”, volume 1 of our book series “Exploring Unity Through Diversity”, finished his dissertation with the title: “A history of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s ‘general systemology’ – Genealogy, genesis, actualization and posterity of a hermeneutical project”. His thesis received the…
BCSSS book series started
Volume 1 now available The BCSSS book series was launched with volume one: The biography “The Dialectical Tragedy of the Concept of Wholeness: Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s Biography Revisited” written by David Pouvreau is now available in print and electronically at ISCE Publishing.
David Pouvreau and Manfred Drack wrote an article with the title: On the history of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s “General Systemology”, and on its relationship to cybernetics. Part I: elements on the origins and genesis of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s “General Systemology” It is available online. Click here.
BCSSS invited lecture: The ‘happy’ wedding of Heraclite and Cassirer
David Pouvreau (EHESS, Paris) gives a lecture on “The ‘happy’ wedding of Heraclite and Cassirer: Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s ‘General System Theory’ as neo-criticist Naturphilosophie” at the University of Vienna.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought