Ervin László and Edgar Morin first members of our BCSSS Scientific Council
The board of the BCSSS unanimously appointed Ervin László and Edgar Morin members of the Scientific Council of the BCSSS. They are the first ones appointed to the council.
Ervin László published in 1972 “The Relevance of General Systems Theory” for Ludwig von Bertalanffy on his 70th birthday, “The Systems View of the World” and “Introduction to Systems Philosophy”. He is Past-President of the ISSS (the follow-up organisation of the one that Bertalanffy had founded). He founded the Club of Budapest (see biography)
Edgar Morin is famous for thinking in complexity. His 6 volumes oevre “La Méthode” will be translated into German by Rainer E. Zimmermann (edited by Wolfgang Hofkirchner). Morin was director of the CNRS. (see biography)
Both apply systems thinking to the global challenges of our time.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future
advances artificial intelligence bcsss biology blachfellner book bookseries bunge business challenges civilisation cognitive communication computer crossroads design economics efficiency engineering global information innovation linguistics management measuring optics organisation physics quantum response responsibility science society sociology success summit symposium system systems technology trappl university vienna wallner zeilinger