Thomas Bugnyar presents “Raven politics” at the BCSSS
On 11 December 2015, at 16:15, the Bertalanffy Center, Paulanergasse 13, 1040 Vienna, hosts the Austrian Computer Society Information Studies Working Group with a talk by Thomas Bugnyar. He is Professor for Cognitive Ethology and head of the Department for Cognitive Biology at the Faculty of Life Sciences of the University of Vienna.
He is an expert in animal social cognition. So he deals with conflict management in corvids. In a recent publication in Current Biology he and co-authors report findings such as: ravens regularly engage in risky interventions in others’ affiliative encounters; strongly bonded birds are more likely to intervene in affiliative interactions; interventions almost exclusively target pairs that attempt to form new bonds; ravens may prevent others from forming alliances and becoming future competitors.
You are kindly invited to take part. The end of the event is planned for 17:45. The talk and discussion will be in German.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future