Vienna 2014 | Rainer E. Zimmermann | On the Foundations of Systems
On 5 June, 2014, Rainer E. Zimmermann was invited to give a special talk in the Lunchtime Scientific Series, organised by the HCI Group of the Institute for Design and Assessment of Technology at the Vienna University of Technology.
The talk gave a broad overview of philosophical considerations that are implied by system definitions.
The definition of a system as introduced by Zimmermann (photo: Wolfgang Hofkirchner)
Please find the abstract here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future
advances artificial intelligence bcsss biology blachfellner book bookseries bunge business challenges civilisation cognitive communication computer crossroads design economics efficiency engineering global information innovation linguistics management measuring optics organisation physics quantum response responsibility science society sociology success summit symposium system systems technology trappl university vienna wallner zeilinger