Vienna 2014 | Rainer E. Zimmermann | On the Foundations of Systems
On 5 June, 2014, Rainer E. Zimmermann was invited to give a special talk in the Lunchtime Scientific Series, organised by the HCI Group of the Institute for Design and Assessment of Technology at the Vienna University of Technology.
The talk gave a broad overview of philosophical considerations that are implied by system definitions.
The definition of a system as introduced by Zimmermann (photo: Wolfgang Hofkirchner)
Please find the abstract here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought