Vienna 2014 | Rainer E. Zimmermann | Energie und Information der sozialen Vermittlung
BCSSS Scientific Council member Rainer E. Zimmermann gave a talk at the working group Information Studies of the Austrian Computer Society.
On 6 June, 2014, he outlined how the concepts of entanglement and decoherence rooted in quantum theoretical considerations can be fertilised for the difference between dyadic entanglements of individual persons, on the one hand, and roles or functions mediating actors through organisational relationships, on the other. The context is spanned by “energy”/”mass” – traditionally refered to as “matter” (energy depicts a potential and mass is actualised energy) and “entropy”/”structure” – which refers to “information” (entropy is potential information and structure is actualised information). Social entanglements work in the private sphere without communication, whereas roles and functions need to be communicated since they are part of co-operation.
Considerations like those have also political implications as can be learned from the slide in the snapshot below.
(photo: Wolfgang Hofkirchner)
The talk was given in German.
Please find the presentation here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison