New book on “Social-ecological systems”
BCSSS Fellow Felix Tretter published a new book. It’s an edited volume on systems approaches towards social-ecological systems, a field called in German “Humanökologie”. Though ecology seems to be the role model for the application of systems thinking, the volume shows that there is still an academic and a professional debate on how social-ecological systems can best be approached. As an example, it contains a contribution on material flow accounting (MFA) to quantify the social metabolism written by authors from the internationally renown IFF Institute for Social Ecology Vienna – a method that belongs to contested topics.
Co-editor is Karl-Heinz Simon from the Center for Environmental Systems Research at the Universität Kassel. The book is in German.
More information please find here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought