New book on “Social-ecological systems”
BCSSS Fellow Felix Tretter published a new book. It’s an edited volume on systems approaches towards social-ecological systems, a field called in German “Humanökologie”. Though ecology seems to be the role model for the application of systems thinking, the volume shows that there is still an academic and a professional debate on how social-ecological systems can best be approached. As an example, it contains a contribution on material flow accounting (MFA) to quantify the social metabolism written by authors from the internationally renown IFF Institute for Social Ecology Vienna – a method that belongs to contested topics.
Co-editor is Karl-Heinz Simon from the Center for Environmental Systems Research at the Universität Kassel. The book is in German.
More information please find here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future