Ludwig von Bertalanffy as representative of Viennese zoology
In a book contribution co-authored by Gerd B. Müller, Vice President of the BCSSS, and Hans Nemeschkal, both at the Department of Theoretical Biology at the University of Vienna, Ludwig von Bertalanffy is presented in the context of the history of the Viennese zoology. Bertalanffy’s unique contribution was what they call a biological systems theory (S. 361-362). Particular reference is given to the convergence of Nobel laureate Ilya Prigogine’s and Bertalanffy’s thoughts.
The title of the recent book is ‘Reflexive Innensichten aus der Universität – Disziplinengeschichten zwischen Wissenschaft, Gesellschaft und Politik’ and was published by the Vienna University Press.
The book is in German, please find an extract here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future