David Rousseau presented the Vision for advancing the Systems Sciences and Systems Engineering at the US National Science Foundation
From 3rd to 5th May 2017 BCSSS Scientific Council member David Rousseau visited the National Science Foundation (NSF) in Washington DC, USA. Together with James Martin (Aerospace Corporation) and Javier Calvo-Amodio (School of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Oregon State University) they were pleased to meet a numerous of programme directors to discuss the BCSSS/ISSS/INCOSE Vision for advancing the Systems Sciences and Systems Engineering through research into General Systems Principles.
A further intention of the meetings were to submit applications for funding support for the ISSS 2018 Conference, the development of a Workshop Series, and the establishment of a Research Coordination Network (RCN). These applications are being prepared, we hope for a success in late 2017, early 2018.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison