Information in Evolutionary Systems, in Social Media and in Enhanced Humans
The “Emergent Systems, Information and Society Group” organised three workshops at the “IS4SI Summit Gothenburg 2017”, the biannual conference of the “International Society for Information Studies”, held from 12 to 16 June 2017.
On Monday afternoon Rainer Zimmermann chaired the workshop on “Information in Evolutionary Systems”, devoted to Basic Research in Systems, Physics, and Philosophy (see detailed programme here).
A two-days workshop on “Information in Social Media” was chaired by Wolfgang Hofkirchner on Tuesday and Wednesday. It focused on “Populism” (see detailed programme here).
Hans-Jörg Kreowski chaired the one-day workshop on “Information in Enhanced Humans”, starting on Wednesday evening and ending on Thursday evening. The discussion revolved around “Trans- and Posthumanism” (see detailed programme here).
The summit was held under the title “Digitalization for a Sustainable Society“. In Gothenburg IS4SI was renamed as “International Society for the Study of Information”.
The workshops were supported by the BCSSS and the Institut für Design Science München.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison