BCSSS at Transport Research Arena Conference 2018
From 16th to 19th April 2018 the Transport Research Arena 2018 (TRA 2018) brought researchers, companies and public authorities to Vienna, to generate new space for discussions and collaborations on “A digital era for transport – solutions for society, economy and environment”. BCSSS Managing Director Stefan Blachfellner gratefully accepted the invitation of the European Commissioner for Mobility and Transport, Violeta Bulc. Stefan Blachfellner functioned as Special Adviser to the Commissioner from 2016 to 2018. The BCSSS representative experienced TRA 2018 as an extraordinary point for departure for future discussions and further potentials for an integrated systems view on mobility and transport systems design. Next to the ability to further contacts with representatives of the European Commission, public authorties in Austria and research colleagues from all over Europe, he was also able to evaluate the essential recommendations in his final report to the European Commission. The exhibited research and practice projects strenghtend the foundation for the general systems view of a European Transport Eco-System and its potential implications as reported by Blachfellner.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future