Ethical Challenges in the context of Responsible Innovation and Artificial Intelligence
BCSSS Managing Director Stefan Blachfellner followed a personal invitation of a. Prof. Dr. André Martinuzzi to the event “#Think Tank Responsible Innovation 4.0 and Artificial Intelligence – Ethical Challenges for Enterprises dealing with Artificial Intelligence” which was organized by respACT and the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna) in December 2018.
Technical digital innovations, like Artificial Intelligence (AI), provide access to emerging markets for enterprises and have the potential to accelerate the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – provided a responsible handling. Stefan, together with the other guests, discussed how Responsible Innovation can be implemented in view of increasing digitalisation and which chances and ethical challenges appear for enterprises as well as the society in the context of AI.
It was the very first event in Austria linking practical AI with Sustainable Development and its establishment in a University context. The BCSSS, which explores the convergence of data science and AI with systemic appraoches for sustainable development since the establishment of its Research Group on Socio-Ecological Systems and Design, is delighted about André Martinuzzi’s foresight and is looking forward to potential collaborations in finding solutions in utilising AI for ethical challenges.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought