Ethical Challenges in the context of Responsible Innovation and Artificial Intelligence
BCSSS Managing Director Stefan Blachfellner followed a personal invitation of a. Prof. Dr. André Martinuzzi to the event “#Think Tank Responsible Innovation 4.0 and Artificial Intelligence – Ethical Challenges for Enterprises dealing with Artificial Intelligence” which was organized by respACT and the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna) in December 2018.
Technical digital innovations, like Artificial Intelligence (AI), provide access to emerging markets for enterprises and have the potential to accelerate the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – provided a responsible handling. Stefan, together with the other guests, discussed how Responsible Innovation can be implemented in view of increasing digitalisation and which chances and ethical challenges appear for enterprises as well as the society in the context of AI.
It was the very first event in Austria linking practical AI with Sustainable Development and its establishment in a University context. The BCSSS, which explores the convergence of data science and AI with systemic appraoches for sustainable development since the establishment of its Research Group on Socio-Ecological Systems and Design, is delighted about André Martinuzzi’s foresight and is looking forward to potential collaborations in finding solutions in utilising AI for ethical challenges.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future