University Lecture on “Techno-eco-social Transformations”
Wolfgang Hofkirchner was invited to be part of the course SOLV XI (self-organised course no. 11) on the change of production and industrial relations in the course of the digital revolution at the Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaft) of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU).
On 24 January 2018, he talked about techno-eco-social transformations in the age of the “Great Bifurcation”. The Great Bifurcation signifies the global situation that confronts the evolution of social systems on Earth with a decision between, on the one hand, the integration up to a higher level of complexity and, on the other hand, the disintegration down to lower levels. Transformations of (world) society will take place on either path of development and in between. The term Global Sustainable Information Society describes the systemic preconditions for the integrative trajectory.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought