University Lecture on “Techno-eco-social Transformations”
Wolfgang Hofkirchner was invited to be part of the course SOLV XI (self-organised course no. 11) on the change of production and industrial relations in the course of the digital revolution at the Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaft) of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU).
On 24 January 2018, he talked about techno-eco-social transformations in the age of the “Great Bifurcation”. The Great Bifurcation signifies the global situation that confronts the evolution of social systems on Earth with a decision between, on the one hand, the integration up to a higher level of complexity and, on the other hand, the disintegration down to lower levels. Transformations of (world) society will take place on either path of development and in between. The term Global Sustainable Information Society describes the systemic preconditions for the integrative trajectory.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future