Book chapter by Birgit Zehetmayer on Bertalanffy’s Anthropology
“… aber vom Menschen wissen wir nichts. Zur systemischen Anthropologie Ludwig von Bertalanffys” appeared in Transformationen der kritischen Anthropologie (see Publications).
Doctor awarded for dissertation on Computational General System Theory
Martin Schliefnig wrote his dissertation thesis on a model for a Computational General System Theory. He studied at the Vienna University of Technology. His work was supervised by Wolfgang Hofkirchner and Peter Fleissner. Details about the work can be found here
GST entry in “Handbook of the Philosophy of Science”
by Wolfgang Hofkirchner and Matthias Schafranek Wolfgang Hofkirchner and Matthias Schafranek, PhD student at the Paris-Lodron University of Salzburg, finalised a manuscript on “General System Theory”. It will be part of Elsevier’s “Handbook of the Philosophy of Science” series volume “Philosophy of Complex Systems” that is edited by Cliff Hooker…
BCSSS book series started
Volume 1 now available The BCSSS book series was launched with volume one: The biography “The Dialectical Tragedy of the Concept of Wholeness: Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s Biography Revisited” written by David Pouvreau is now available in print and electronically at ISCE Publishing.
Bertalanffy on audio: CD of a German radio lecture
In autumn a CD will be released with a radio lecture of Bertalanffy on evolution theory, that he gave in 1954 for the Süddeutscher Rundfunk (today SWR). Further information will be made available by Audio Akademie.
Newspaper article: “Systemtheorie in Bananenkisten”
The article “Systemtheorie in Bananenkisten” by Susanne Strnadl appeared in the Austrian newspaper Der Standard, dealing with the discovery of the Bertalanffy estate and ongoing research.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future