BCSSS Fellow John Collier on “Autonomy”. 28th March 2018 at BCSSS.
BCSSS Fellow John Collier, Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Associate, Philosophy, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, will visit the Center again for research reasons. Visit his Open Lecture on “What is Autonomy?” 28th March 2018 16:00 BCSSS, Paulanergasse 13/5, 1040 Wien In the abstract he says: “I will review my…
Is there still a distinction between a Human and a Robot?
The IEEE (“Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers” – the world’s largest professional association) recently published Version 2 of Ethically Aligned Design: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Well-being with Autonomous and Intelligent Systems (A/IS), produced by the IEEE Global Initiative on Ethics of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems. This initiative consists of…
Economy in Transition – Rethinking Society for the 21st Century
Stefan Blachfellner, Managing Director of the Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science, was one of the invited international and national Experts in the Think Tank Symposium “Economy in Transition. The Economics of 2030 and Beyond” from 22nd – 23rd June 2017 in Vienna. The meeting was organized by…
Theoria cum praxi et bonum commune (Leibniz): System theory, informatics and a wise society for all
Rathaus Tiergarten, Berlin-Moabit (photo: Wikimedia Commons) The Leibniz-Sozietät der Wissenschaften zu Berlin e.V. (LS) invites the group “Emergent Systems, Information and Society” to present itself at a one-day colloquium of their two classes (Natur- und Technikwissenschaften; Sozial- und Geisteswissenschaften). The group is a joint endeavour of the Arbeitskreis of the LS, the Research…
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought