Theoria cum praxi et bonum commune (Leibniz): System theory, informatics and a wise society for all
The Leibniz-Sozietät der Wissenschaften zu Berlin e.V. (LS) invites the group “Emergent Systems, Information and Society” to present itself at a one-day colloquium of their two classes (Natur- und Technikwissenschaften; Sozial- und Geisteswissenschaften). The group is a joint endeavour of the Arbeitskreis of the LS, the Research Group of the BCSSS and, recently, the Special Interest Group of the International Society for Information Studies (ISIS).
The colloquium will be held in German on 10 December 2015 in Berlin, Rathaus Tiergarten. The entrance is free. The colloquium gets support from the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung according to the guidelines of the German Federal Agency for Civic Education.
The invited talks span across a wide variety from philosophical and system theoretical foundations of the current transformation into the information society to ethical implications, from physics, biology and computer systems to problems of the design of the so-called sociotechnical systems, in particular, hierarchies, systems of systems and autonomous systems.
Thus the colloquium will comply with the dictum of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz: theory (system theory) in collaboration with praxis (informatics) for the the common good (a global sustainable information society).
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future