The BCSSS Lecture Series in „Systems Science and Medicine“ continues with Evolutionary Medicine and Systemic Holistic Medicine
We cordially invite you to join the next event of the BCSSS lecture series „Systems Science and Medicine“:
Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten, Charité Berlin presents on Thursday, November 19th 2015, 6pm his findings on Evolutionäre Medizin und systemische ganzheitliche Medizin (lecture in German), Hörsaal Institut f. Hygiene, Medizinische Universität, Kinderspitalgasse 15, 1090 Vienna.
Prof. Ganten, is a specialist in pharmacology and molecular medicine, including Founding Director of the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine Berlin, former CEO of the Charité, Chairman of the Board, Foundation Charité, Berlin and President of the World Health Summit (Berlin).
In his lecture, he will highlight the insights and perspectives of evolutionary medicine at health issues and explain their practical life significance. As a pioneer of molecular medicine Prof. Ganten consideres not only modern systems biology, but also the importance of lifestyle and the environment. He promotes a holistic oriented view that can be justified with his devloped health formula. Prof. Ganten will present the need to develop the concept of an environmental health strategy that links the “One Health” approach in thinking and acting with all human health issues closely coupled with a healthy environment.
“New approaches are essential; evolutionary public health may help to provide them. Research scientists, practicing physicians, politicians, businessmen, and social leaders must find new ways to collaborate to ensure basic health rights. These rights include not only health care, but also strategies for creating societies that promote healthy living and lives. Health has the highest value for the individual and for society.”
- Detlev Ganten, Jochen Niehaus: Die Gesundheitsformel: Die großen Zivilisationskrankheiten verstehen und verhindern. Knaus, München 2014
- Detlev Ganten, Thilo Spahl, Thomas Deichmann: Die Steinzeit steckt uns in den Knochen, Piper 2009
- Institut für Umwelthygiene / Zentrum für Public Health der Medizinischen Universität Wien u. Internationale Gesellschaft für Interdisziplinäre Studien e.V.
- Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science
Advance registration is requested to: email@example.com
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison