Wolfgang Hofkirchner speaks at Duino Castle, Italy
Wolfgang Hofkirchner was invited to participate in a workshop at Duino Castle, Italy. The title of the workshop was “Information – Theory and Practice”. It was organised by physicists Hans Grassmann and Gerhard Luhn, and philosopher Klaus Kornwachs and sponsored by Isomorph srl and Qimonda. The three-day workshop held 19-21 October 2007 tried – as outlined in the programme – ‘to unify and compare all different approaches and mindsets in an interdisciplinary fashion, including some related topics like “activity”, “order” and “chaos”. We would also like to consider the impact of the topic “information” (which seems to be still more a topic than a concept) on technical developments and also on society as a whole Â and vice versa.’ Participants included, among others, Valentin Braitenberg, Gregory Chaitin, Koichiro Matsuno, Bernd-Olaf KÃ¼ppers.
Wolfgang Hofkirchner gave a talk on the methodological framework of a research programme aimed at a Unified Theory of Information. He focused on the necessity to unify the different self-organisation approaches in the
light of a General System Theory in order to provide a sound basis for understanding information. Furthermore, he stressed the importance of a Unified Theory of Information for guiding the design of ICTs towards enhancing Collective Intelligence on a World Society level.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future