Vienna 2017 | Workshop | Systems Approaches to Information Ethics III
The third meeting of the project “Systems Approaches to Information Ethics” was held in Vienna 13-17 November 2017.
The topics included:
- foundational questions of systems approaches (evolutionary theory, emergentist systemism and normativity; information in the context of Being and non-being, actuality and potentiality, and existence and non-existence);
- problems of Information Ethics approaches (inter- and/or transcultural Information Ethics; the possible reconciliation of the perspectives of Capurro, Ess and Floridi); and
- applications questions (Internet and cognitive enhancement; convivialism as provider of design criteria; dystopias in novels and technology; current norms and rules in the area of Business Ethics like ISO 26000, GRI standards, concept of triple P, “Gemeinwohlmatrix”; Ethically Aligned Design as proposed by the IEEE Global Initiative for Ethical Considerations in AI and Autonomous Systems).
Cristina Voinea, PhD student in philosophy from the University of Bucharest, working on Internet governance, was guest of the Center and participated in the meeting along with our current PhD scholars from the School of Humanities at the Jiaotong University, Xi’an, Liang Wang and Tianqi Wu, and with our most recently elected Fellow of the Bertalanffy Center, Annette Grathoff, besides the leaders of the project, Wolfgang Hofkirchner and Tomáš Sigmund. In addition, BCSSS Fellow Felix Tretter, Robert Jahn, Renate Quehenberger and Stefan Blachfellner contributed to the discussion.
The project started in January 2017. The meeting was supported by the University of Economics, Prague, the University of Bucharest, and the Bertalanffy Center. It is connected to the activities of the international “Emergent Systems, Information and Society” Group.
Find contributions here:
Annette Grathoff | The evolutionary perspective
Tianqi Wu | A new perspective on existence and non-existence
Tomáš Sigmund | Phenomenological perspective on Information Ethics
Abonnieren Sie unseren Systems Newsletter
- Keynote auf Einladung von CIRCULAR4.0 “Der European Green Deal – Wirtschaftspotenziale für KMUs”
- Keynote auf Einladung der Energie Steiermark “Potenziale der Kreislaufwirtschaft”
- Experten-Interview mit Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slowenien zum Innovationspotenzial der Kreislaufwirtschaft für KMU
- UNIDO: Globale Konsultationen zur Kreislaufwirtschaft
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: Eine Plattform für alle Treiber und Gestalter von Innovation und dem Energiesystem der Zukunft