Systems Engineering and Computer Science scholar Harold ‘Bud’ Lawson memory lives on in his students
Harold “Bud” Lawson, an influential scholar in computer-based systems and computing passed away in palliative care on June 10. Since 2013 Lawson supported the BCSSS as a partner for the BCSSS book series on systems. He edited several educational volumes in systems engineering and systems science. His pioneering work included automatic train control, micro-processors and life-cycle management, impacting millions of software designers and programmers. Lawson’s efforts to support young generations is carried on by the Lawson Stipend, which is awarded to promising graduate students who make significant contributions to Computer Science and Engineering. Harold was a tough business partner and at the same time a true business friend. He will be missed.
Abonnieren Sie unseren Systems Newsletter
- Keynote auf Einladung von CIRCULAR4.0 “Der European Green Deal – Wirtschaftspotenziale für KMUs”
- Keynote auf Einladung der Energie Steiermark “Potenziale der Kreislaufwirtschaft”
- Experten-Interview mit Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slowenien zum Innovationspotenzial der Kreislaufwirtschaft für KMU
- UNIDO: Globale Konsultationen zur Kreislaufwirtschaft
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: Eine Plattform für alle Treiber und Gestalter von Innovation und dem Energiesystem der Zukunft