Systems Engineering and Computer Science scholar Harold ‘Bud’ Lawson memory lives on in his students
Harold “Bud” Lawson, an influential scholar in computer-based systems and computing passed away in palliative care on June 10. Since 2013 Lawson supported the BCSSS as a partner for the BCSSS book series on systems. He edited several educational volumes in systems engineering and systems science. His pioneering work included automatic train control, micro-processors and life-cycle management, impacting millions of software designers and programmers. Lawson’s efforts to support young generations is carried on by the Lawson Stipend, which is awarded to promising graduate students who make significant contributions to Computer Science and Engineering. Harold was a tough business partner and at the same time a true business friend. He will be missed.
Abonnieren Sie unseren Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Das BCSSS vergibt den ersten Sonderpreis für ‘Action on Climate Change’ in Zusammenarbeit mit IIID
- Neue Publikationen von BCSSS Vorstandsmitglied Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Nehmen Sie an unserer gemeinsamen School of Thinking in Brüssel teil und lernen Sie, wie sich Systemdenken mit weiteren bedeutenden Denkschulen verbindet