Systems Engineering and Computer Science scholar Harold ‘Bud’ Lawson memory lives on in his students
Harold “Bud” Lawson, an influential scholar in computer-based systems and computing passed away in palliative care on June 10. Since 2013 Lawson supported the BCSSS as a partner for the BCSSS book series on systems. He edited several educational volumes in systems engineering and systems science. His pioneering work included automatic train control, micro-processors and life-cycle management, impacting millions of software designers and programmers. Lawson’s efforts to support young generations is carried on by the Lawson Stipend, which is awarded to promising graduate students who make significant contributions to Computer Science and Engineering. Harold was a tough business partner and at the same time a true business friend. He will be missed.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future