Dissertation about Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s “General Systemology”
David Pouvreau, author of “The Dialectical Tragedy of the Concept of Wholeness”, volume 1 of our book series “Exploring Unity Through Diversity”, finished his dissertation with the title: “A history of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s ‘general systemology’ – Genealogy, genesis, actualization and posterity of a hermeneutical project”. His thesis received the…
Accelerated change in the “Morphogenic Society”?
The Centre for Social Ontology (CSO) held its second workshop on social morphogenesis at the EPFL in Lausanne from 16th to 18th January 2013. As collaborator of the CSO since January 2012, Wolfgang Hofkirchner elaborated on systems aspects of current trends ascribed to society. He contended that, in line with…
The Morphogenetic Project and Self-Organisation
Margaret Archer, the Director of the Centre for Social Ontology at the École Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne, is the leader of the so-called Morphogenetic project. The morphogenetic approach is a social theory attempt to understand change in society in the perspective of critical realism (follow that link: http://cdh.epfl.ch/page-37105-en.html). The usage of the term…
Systems experts gathered in Vienna: Systems thinking – what’s it for?
On 10 November 2011 the Bertalanffy Center was host of 20 international systems theorists and practitioners, among them leading representatives of systems movement organisations like the President of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS), Matjaz Mulej; the representative of the European Union for Systemics (UES/EUS), Pierre Bricage;…
BCSSS General Assembly
Every 3 years the BCSSS holds its General Assembly. It’s open to every member. Venue: Department of Theoretical Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Vienna, Biozentrum, Althanstraße 14 (UZA 1), 1090 Wien Schedule: 15:30
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future