Correspondence between Ludwig von Bertalanffy and Joseph Henry Woodger donated to the archive
Dr. Marshall W. Allen generously passed to the BCSSS the entire collection of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s letters to Joseph Henry Woodger (1894–1981) which he formerly received from Woodger in person for his respective studies. Thus the archive was supplemented by adding 74 letters from Ludwig von Bertalanffy, 7 from Maria von Bertalanffy, 4 from other institutions and 1 publication of Ludwig von Bertalanffy which was unknown so far. The exchange of letters ranges from 1930 to 1959. Woodger not only was a close colleague and friend of L. von Bertalanffy, they were also collaborating on the translation of “Kritsche Theorie der Formbildung” published then as “Modern Theories of Development”. Marshall is actually researching the biography of Woodger, including a chapter on the relationship and influence on each other’s work.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought