Correspondence between Ludwig von Bertalanffy and Joseph Henry Woodger donated to the archive
Dr. Marshall W. Allen generously passed to the BCSSS the entire collection of Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s letters to Joseph Henry Woodger (1894–1981) which he formerly received from Woodger in person for his respective studies. Thus the archive was supplemented by adding 74 letters from Ludwig von Bertalanffy, 7 from Maria von Bertalanffy, 4 from other institutions and 1 publication of Ludwig von Bertalanffy which was unknown so far. The exchange of letters ranges from 1930 to 1959. Woodger not only was a close colleague and friend of L. von Bertalanffy, they were also collaborating on the translation of “Kritsche Theorie der Formbildung” published then as “Modern Theories of Development”. Marshall is actually researching the biography of Woodger, including a chapter on the relationship and influence on each other’s work.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future