Emergent Systems, Information and Society Meeting
The Research Group Emergent Systems, Information and Society held a meeting in the framework of emcsr avantgarde 2016.
Hamid Ekbia, Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Research on Mediated Interaction at the University of Indiana in Bloomington, held a keynote on the most recent phase in the co-evolution of computing and capitalism.
About twenty people attended a workshop on Systems-of-Systems, a field of interest to the military sector, systems engineering, or organizational learning. The aim of the workshop was to critically discuss theoretical foundations of the concept and to analyse implications for different fields of application.
After the workshop the members of the group present in Vienna drafted a work plan for the years to come.
If you want to be involved, send a mail to W. Hofkirchner, H.-J. Kreowski or R. E. Zimmermann.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison