Emergent Systems, Information and Society Meeting
The Research Group Emergent Systems, Information and Society held a meeting in the framework of emcsr avantgarde 2016.
Hamid Ekbia, Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Research on Mediated Interaction at the University of Indiana in Bloomington, held a keynote on the most recent phase in the co-evolution of computing and capitalism.
About twenty people attended a workshop on Systems-of-Systems, a field of interest to the military sector, systems engineering, or organizational learning. The aim of the workshop was to critically discuss theoretical foundations of the concept and to analyse implications for different fields of application.
After the workshop the members of the group present in Vienna drafted a work plan for the years to come.
If you want to be involved, send a mail to W. Hofkirchner, H.-J. Kreowski or R. E. Zimmermann.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future