John Collier visiting scholar in Vienna to work on theory of self-organization
John Collier, Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Associate, Philosophy, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, is visiting Vienna again. He is invited by TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) to work with Wolfgang Hofkirchner on the emergence of function in the course of evolution of self-organizing systems. Collier, Fellow of the BCSSS, member of the Research Group Emergent Systems, Information and Society, is a renowned expert in complex systems and information, in particular, with respect to living systems. He was keynote speaker at the ISIS Summit Vienna 2015. His talk about self-organization from physical up to social systems’ self-organization will be published in an edited volume by the end of the year with World Scientific.
His stay is scheduled from 26 May till 4 June, 2016.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought