John Collier visiting scholar in Vienna to work on theory of self-organization
John Collier, Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Associate, Philosophy, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, is visiting Vienna again. He is invited by TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) to work with Wolfgang Hofkirchner on the emergence of function in the course of evolution of self-organizing systems. Collier, Fellow of the BCSSS, member of the Research Group Emergent Systems, Information and Society, is a renowned expert in complex systems and information, in particular, with respect to living systems. He was keynote speaker at the ISIS Summit Vienna 2015. His talk about self-organization from physical up to social systems’ self-organization will be published in an edited volume by the end of the year with World Scientific.
His stay is scheduled from 26 May till 4 June, 2016.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future