Xi’an 2016 | Wolfgang Hofkirchner | Complexity Thinking in the Age of Global Challenges
When invited to Xi’an Jiaotong University in China, Wolfgang Hofkirchner gave on 5 April 2016 before the students forum a lecture on the importance of systems theory.
This lecture about aims, scope, and tools of systems thinking contended that systems theory is the scientific approach of choice when facing complex problems. Global challenges are complex and need complexity thinking, which is best at trans-disciplinarity. Systems sciences are inspired by a new world-view (aims), present a new picture of the world (scope) and instantiate a new way of thinking (tools). Complexity thinking is what is needed to help social systems catch up with the complexity reached by social evolution and master the next step in social evolution.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Benefit-Risk Communication at Corona: Aspects of Optimization
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- BCSSS establishes the Circular Economy Forum Austria
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison