Information from Physics to Social Science
Members of the Emergent systems, information and society Research Group have, among others, contributed to a special issue of the European Physical Journal Special Topics on “Information in Physics and Beyond”. Information as basic phenomenon in our world needs a transdisciplinary account, in which physics and other disciplines can add their findings to suffice a complementary, convergent and concise concept.
“Such a perspective is supported by ideas of complexity research, the evolutionary systems approach and Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s General System Theory”, says Wolfgang Hofkirchner in the introduction. All contributions fit the overall agenda.
Further information please find here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future