Information from Physics to Social Science
Members of the Emergent systems, information and society Research Group have, among others, contributed to a special issue of the European Physical Journal Special Topics on “Information in Physics and Beyond”. Information as basic phenomenon in our world needs a transdisciplinary account, in which physics and other disciplines can add their findings to suffice a complementary, convergent and concise concept.
“Such a perspective is supported by ideas of complexity research, the evolutionary systems approach and Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s General System Theory”, says Wolfgang Hofkirchner in the introduction. All contributions fit the overall agenda.
Further information please find here.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought