“Systems Science for Systems Engineering”. BCSSS Scientific Council Member David Rousseau starts the year with a promising research programme.
From 20th to 22nd January 2017 our valued member of the BCSSS Scientific Council and leader of the BCSSS Research Group “Systems Science and Philosophy” David Rousseau attended the NSF (National Science Foundation) workshop “Future Directions in Engineering Design and Systems Engineering” at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. During the event Rousseau presented the “General Systems Transdisciplinarity Programme – A Systems Philosophy framework and methodology for discovering and leveraging Scientific Systems Principles”.
“Systems Engineering and the Quest for a General Science of Systems” was
the title of a seminar David Rousseau held for postgraduate students at the School of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, USA, on 25th January 2017.
In the framework of this year’s INCOSE International Workshops (IW 2017) in Torrance, California, USA, from 28th to 31st January 2017, David Rousseau gave a plenary presentation on the topic of “Systems Science for Systems Engineering”, and conducted two workshops in the Systems Science Working Group (SSWG).
Within the first workshop “Principles, Patterns, Isomorphic Processes and Schemas”
Rousseau presented the section on “Principles”. “Systems Patterns” was contributed by William D. Schindel, Len Troncale talked on “Systems Processes” and Kent Palmer represented the “Schemas Theory”.
The second workshop was facilitated by Dr. Tim Ferris and focused on “How to use the model of a discipline as developed by the General Systems Transdisciplinarity team to classify the Systems Science Body of Knowledge (SSBOK)”.
We appreciate the active engagement of our colleague and look forward to the next steps in this promising field.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future