Unexpected insights about the European Union membership at the ‘15th Anniversary of the 2004 EU Enlargement’
The 15th Anniversary of the 2004 EU Enlargement: Looking back, looking forward on 8-9 April 2019 commemorated the first wave of new member states from Baltics, Central and South Eastern European countries to join the European Union in May 2004. The event celebrated the ties between East and West by…
Is there still a distinction between a Human and a Robot?
The IEEE (“Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers” – the world’s largest professional association) recently published Version 2 of Ethically Aligned Design: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Well-being with Autonomous and Intelligent Systems (A/IS), produced by the IEEE Global Initiative on Ethics of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems. This initiative consists of…
The Anthropocene and Climate Change: An Existential Crisis
BCSSS Fellow, Robert K. Logan, Prof. Emeritus of Physics at the University of Toronto, just completed an article in which he discusses the fine structure of the advent of the anthropocene according to lead technologies. Climate change is, in his opinion, the greatest challenge that humanity faces. “The time to develop…
ISSS2017 Vienna! Early Bird Registration & Call for Papers!
ISSS2017 VIENNA is ready to start! Date: 9th to 14th July 2017 Venue: Vienna University of Economics and Business The International Society for the Systems Sciences (ISSS) invites you to the 61st Annual World Conference in Vienna in cooperation with the Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science (BCSSS)….
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis revisited by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- The BCSSS proudly presents the first Special Award for ‘Action on Climate Change’ in cooperation with IIID
- New publications by BCSSS Board member Ray Ison
- A systemic view on the Corona-crisis by BCSSS Vicepresident Felix Tretter
- Join our joint School of Thinking in Brussels and learn how systems thinking connects with further famous schools of thought