Bertalanffy Center to award Edgar Morin
In recognition of his outstanding contributions to the field of complexity thinking, the Bertalanffy Center will award a prize to Edgar Morin. The award ceremony will take place at the forthcoming European Meeting on Cybernetics and Systems Research, on 10th of April 2012, 20:00, in Lecture Hall B at the Campus of the University of Vienna, Spitalgasse 2, 1090 Vienna (entrance free). Edgar Morin will hold a keynote on “Complex thinking for a complex world – About reductionism, disjunction and systemism”.
Edgar Morin is a widely recognised French philosopher and sociologist. His most recent publication is “Le chemin de l’espérance”/”El camino de la esperanza”/”Wege der Hoffnung” written together with Stéphane Hessel. He is 91 years old. Morin is one of the first system philosophers. His six-volumes work “La Méthode” is in the process of being translated into German.
The laudatio will be given by Rainer E. Zimmermann.
The award (photo: ©www.3dandmore.at)
The BCSSS will award the “Ludwig von Bertalanffy Award in Complexity Thinking” for the first time.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future