Systems approaches to Information Ethics
Next week Tomáš Sigmund is guest at our center. He works as Assistant Professor at the Department of Systems Analysis that belongs to the Faculty of Informatics and Statistics at the University of Economics, Prague, and is preparing for his habilitation.
Currently he is focusing on theoretical systems approaches towards information and computer ethics. Special attention shall be paid to soft systems methodology in comparison to critical thinking based upon realist social accounts in line with Ludwig von Bertalanffy’s General System Theory.
Sigmund is member of the Emergent Systems, Information and Society Research Group. He was co-organizer of a symposium on “Sustainability, ethics and the cyberspace” at the emcsr 2014 and moderated the ISIS Summit Vienna 2015 track on “Emancipation or disempowerment of man”.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future