Call for Applications – Ludwig von Bertalanffy Young Scientist Award and Günther Ossimitz Memorial Award 2019
The Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science calls for your applications to apply for the Ludwig von Bertalanffy Young Scientist Award and Günther Ossimitz Memorial Award 2019.
The Ludwig von Bertalanffy Young Scientist Award (YSA) is donated to researchers in recognition of the most promising contribution from philosophy, science, engineering, economy, design, and art demonstrating the Bertalanffy principle of Unity through Diversity. We are searching for concepts and applications with the potential to co-create a flourishing planet, meaningful technologies, and a sustainable society.
The Günther Ossimitz Memorial Award (GO Award) recognizes the most promising contribution from Science and Research in data-based Systems Modeling as well as other quantitative, qualitative and explorative modeling and analytical methodologies which enable us to formalize Systems approaches.
The monetary and international recognized Austrian Science Awards are designed to promote graduates (MA and PhD) from European schools or European citizens. Applications with domain or discipline specific, interdisciplinary as well as transdisciplinary approaches are welcome from natural science, social science and humanities, as well as engineering and design science.
For further detailed information how to apply please visit:
If you have any further questions for clarifiations or send your application immediately, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org, BCSSS Managing Director
Important dates for the 2019 Awards:
Call opens: 1 August 2019
Call closes: 31 October 2019
Update: The deadline has been extended until 8 November 2019!
Decision until: 30 November 2019
Announcement of the winners: December 2019
Apply now on our submission site!
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future