Winners of the Austrian National Award for Design show great promise for a sustainable future
On 25th of september 2019, the Austrian National Award for Design (Staatspreis Design) was awarded by the Austrian Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs organized by our partners designaustria.
BCSSS managing director Stefan Blachfellner and program manager Angelika Schanda were invited to attend the ceremony and to discover some of the most innovative and promising designs for the future. The jury had a tough task: They had to choose from over 279 submissions that were of outstanding quality, highly relevant and showed a great diversity.
Among the winners were a safety skin for industry robotics, to ensure the safe human-machine interaction, a fully sustainable, wooden design for the production site of the Austrian furniture producer Grüne Erde, as well as a light weight, electronic folding bike.
Winners of a special award for design concepts included an easy maintenance beehive for urban areas, an ‘offline lamp’, a clever device which would switch on the light only in exchange for putting your smartphone in a drawer; as ell as a flexible hinge tape that allows for more simple and easy to use design and setup for furniture.
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future