Helene Finidori presented Pattern Literacy in Support of Systems Capability at INCOSE IW2020
25 – 28 January 2020
Torrance, California, USA
Annual INCOSE International Workshop 2020
As part as the International Council on Systems Engineering Systems Science Working Group (SSWG) Helene Finidori, Leader of the BCSSS Research Group Systems Science and Pattern Literacy, attended IW2020 and gave a talk on her work including results of the BCSSS Research Group.
In her presentation ‘Pattern Literacy in Support of Systems Capability’ Finidori addressed the INCOSE Systems Engineers participating in the Systems Science discussions with a detailed introduction on Pattern Literacy in terms of an elaboration of the relationship of Biosemiotics, Patterns and Systems Science. She argues for the development of a Pattern Literacy in support of Systems Literacy especially for the advancement of transdisciplinary research and engineering, to overcome fragmentation into domain specific frameworks, using patterns as boundary objects. Finidori makes a strong case for a Systemic Interpretation Language bridging the systemic and the semantic spheres.
Finidori´s contribution to the INCOSE Vision 2025/2035 “to find an Integrative Systems Science to identify, explore, and understand patterns of complexity through contributions from the foundations, theories, and representations of systems science and other disciplines relevant to the “problematique” was yet another well received collaboration alongside the work of David Rosseau and the BCSSS Research Group Systems Science and Philosophy Springer Publication General Systemology.
Presentation: Helene Finidor (2020) Pattern Literacy in Support of Systems Capability, INCOSE IW 2020, Torrance, California, USA
Paper: Helene Finidori (2020). Bridging the Systemic and the Semantic Spheres
Subscribe to our Systems Newsletter
- Keynote at the invitation of CIRCULAR4.0 “The European Green Deal – Economic Potential for SMEs”
- Keynote address at the invitation of Energie Steiermark “Potentials of the Circular Economy”
- Expert interview with Circular Business Academy (CBA), Slovenia on the innovation potential of the circular economy for SMEs
- UNIDO: Global consultations on circular economy
- Mission Innovation Austria 2021: A platform for all drivers and shapers of innovation and the energy system of the future